Academic Support Services/DSS STEEP Office
All assistantships are available for September 5, 2014. Positions are 10 hours per week for 15 weeks. Recipients receive three (3) graduate credits a semester and a $500 stipend at the completion of the assistantship. Graduate Assistants must be enrolled in at least six (6) graduate credits to qualify. Positions will be filled as complete packets (application, resume and two references) are received in the Human Resources Office. Positions may be eliminated if not filled in a timely fashion and/or if budget has been expended. Please apply in the Human Resources Office, first floor, Kellenberg Hall, by August 1, 2014
Department: Academic Support Services/ DSS STEEP Office
Supervisor: Cari Rose-Tomo
Position title: Graduate Assistant
1. Proctor Exams.
2. Provide enrolled students with assistance in academic skills, including time management, note-taking, study skills, etc.
3. Participate in weekly meetings with Coordinators.
4. Read current literature about higher education and disabilities as provided by Coordinator.
5. Create and maintain accurate files, records and databases.
6. Identify maintain necessary updates of DSS/STEEP portion of Molloy website.
7. Assist in general office duties, including obtaining and returning exams.
8. Assist in facilitation of weekly discussion groups
9. Participate in L.E.A.D. club (Leadership, Education, and Awareness of Disabilities)
1. Ability to demonstrate patience and understanding with ALL students.
2. Ability to maintain confidentiality of student records registered with DSS/STEEP as well as all student records.
3. Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills,
4. Flexible hours, including mornings, evenings and occasional weekends.
5. Enrollment in Graduate Education or Nursing Program preferred.
Hours: Flexible. Monday to Thursday with occasional mornings, evenings and weekends as needed *Approximately five (5) hours are based on DSS/STEEP students' schedules