Being Successful at College
The following is a a suggested list to aid you with your success at Molloy College.
- Find and get to know several individuals on campus who care about your success.
- Learn what helping resources your campus offers and where they are located.
- Understand why you are in college.
- Set up a daily schedule and stick to it.
- If you are attending classes full-time, try not to work more than 20 hours a week.
- Evaluate and improve your study habits.
- Join at least one study group or visit the Writing Center.
- Professors are also avaible outside of class if you have questions.
- Develop critical thinking skills.
- Know how to find information on campus, including at the library.
- Improve your writing skills.
- Biuld a relationship your academic advisor.
- Visit the Career Center early in your first semester.
- Make at least one or two close friends.
- Get involved in campus activities.
- Take your health seriously.
- Enhance your computer skills.
- Show up for class and participate.
- Have realistic expectations.
Adapted from: National Resource Center for the First Year Experience and Students in Transition