New York Financial Aid Programs
General Eligibility Requirements for State Aid
To be eligible for TAP, you must:
- Be a United States citizen or eligible non-citizen.
- Be a legal resident of New York state
- Study at an approved postsecondary institution in New York state
- Have graduated from high school, have a GED, or have passed a federally-approved exam that demonstrates the student can benefit from the education offered
- Be matriculated in an approved program of study and be in good academic standing
- Have at least a cumulative "C" average after receipt of two annual payments
- Be charged at least $200 tuition per year
- Not be in default on a student loan guaranteed by HESC or on any repayment of state awards
- Meet income eligibility limitations.
New York State Aid Grants
Tuition Assistance Program (TAP)
Eligibility: New York State residents who are matriculated full-time students (12 credits or more per semester at Molloy) are eligible for this grant. Eligibility is based on the family's New York State net taxable income.
Possible Amounts: Awards of up to $4,925 per year for first-time TAP recipients. For all other students, awards range from $425 to $4,925 (dependent students) and $2,950 (independent students). Molloy will provide an estimate. The actual amount of the award will appear on your TAP Award Certificate provided by Higher Education Services Corporation (HESC).Renewal Requirements: Complete the TAP Application each year. If you file the FAFSA electronically, you will be linked to the HESC website to complete the Express TAP application. You may visit www.hesc.org for more information.
Aid for Part-Time Students (APTS)
Eligibility: New York State residents who are matriculated at Molloy and are currently registered for part-time study (3-11 credits) are eligible to apply for this state grant. Possible Amounts: Awards for qualified students (up to $2,000 per academic year) depending upon tuition charges and funds availability.Renewal Requirements: Complete the APTS application for fall or spring semester at the Financial Aid office each academic year. Contact the Financial Aid office for application deadlines and requirements.
Veterans Educational Benefits are available for veterans who served in the U.S. Armed Forces after 1954. Aid is also available for children, spouses and survivors of Veterans. For additional information about this program please contact the Registrar Office, or call the Department of Veterans affairs at 1-888-442-4551. Also, visit their web site at http://www.gibill.va.gov/