Psychology and Counseling
The Department of Psychology and Counseling is a very popular major at Long Island's Molloy College and with good reason - it's one of the liberal arts, known as the cornerstone of a great education. With a psychology degree you'll improve your life and the lives of those around you.
At Molloy College, we offer a Bachelor of Science degree with majors in psychology and childhood education-psychology, a minor in psychology, as well as several double major options, including sociology, criminal justice, social work, business, music, nursing and communications - to name just a few.
With your undergraduate degree from Molloy, you'll be prepared for a variety of in-demand careers. You will also be ready to pursue a graduate education and training required for a number of professional options in the field of psychology, including clinical, counseling, school, industrial-organizational, or forensic psychology. Whatever your ultimate occupational goal, a knowledge of psychology will serve you well.
Why Molloy? Because at Molloy College, you will:
- Learn from a great faculty with diverse backgrounds and research interests, who also happen to be great teachers
- Get the attention you need in small classes where you are a person with a name, rather than a number ... that we get to know very well
- Choose from a variety of interesting courses, offered day and night, so you can graduate on time
- Benefit from academic advisement that helps you match your coursework to your career objectives and personal interests
- Gain valuable hands-on experience with internship and practicum opportunities in your field of interest
- Develop critical thinking skills and experience at project management through your two semester, individual capstone research project
- Gerontology (GRN) minor providing the most current information on older adults and issues related to aging
Mental Health Counseling By the Numbers
States offering licensure to
Practicing, independent, mental health
counselors in the U.S.
Projected job growth over the next
Certified, licensed and practing mental
health professionals in N.Y.