Our music education department believes that excellence in instrumental, vocal and classroom music is the foundation upon which a successful career begins. The diverse classrooms of the future require a versatile educator with a tool kit that can thrive in a high-stakes or high-needs program.
The Molloy College Music Education candidate will display excellence in three domains:
- General Music: History, Culture, Composition and Classroom Technology
- Instrumental Pedagogy: Ensembles, Chamber Music and Lessons
- Vocal Pedagogy: Choral Ensembles, Chamber Music, A Capella and Lessons
Our students participate in a range of musical ensembles and performance opportunities. These include Jazz Ensemble, Percussion Ensemble, and Chamber Ensembles, as well as Concert and Select Choirs. In addition, student-run clubs organize events that showcase individual talents in genres ranging from rock to folk to electronica.
Some of the many benefits of receiving training in Music Education at Molloy College include:
- Professional preparation in conjunction with our Division of Education, an NCATE-certified teacher training program with an established tradition of excellence for over 50 years
- Three semesters of on-site training in the public schools of Nassau County and beyond
- A broad range of leadership and performance opportunities
- Accessible, experienced professors who are committed to developing quality musicians and teacher candidates
- Links to networking opportunities, workshops, and special events relevant to the field