Humanities Mission and Goals
Committed to promoting academic excellence and to instilling a life-long enthusiasm for learning, the Division of Humanities engages students in the discussion of the seminal ideas and enduring values characterizing the disciplines within its domain. In addition to preparing students for success in the modern professional world by developing such skills as critical thinking, written and oral communication, information literacy, and the synthesis of research and originality, an education in the humanities fosters a learned appreciation of culture, languages, creativity, and the arts.
In fulfilling the mission and goals of Molloy College and by providing academically challenging courses, the Division of Humanities offers its students an education in the nature and purpose of its disciplines with opportunities for:
- Excellence in scholarly achievement and growth.
- Artistic expression.
- Accomplished oral and written communication.
- Critical and ethical evaluation of diverse ideas.
- Integration of knowledge.
- Spiritual and moral awareness of individual and social values.