Why I Love Teaching at Molloy College
I deeply respect the faculty's dedication and expertise.
- Analytical Music Therapy (AMT)
- Multicultural music therapy
- Cross-cultural music therapy supervision
- Work with Immigrant families and international students
What I am working on
- The Effects of Multicultural Training for Healthcare Professionals and Students: Use of Music as an Acculturation Strategy
- The effects of Culturally Informed Music therapy (CIMT) on Acculturative Stress and Depression among Korean American Immigrants
An effective educator is beyond delivering knowledge and skills in class. An effective educator can assess individual students accurately, meet the needs of the students and further inspire them in order to motivate their study. My years of diverse experiences as a clinician, educator, and scholar grant me the perspective to encourage the students' personal and professional development.
Ph.D. in Music Therapy, Temple University, PA
M.A. in Music Therapy, New York University, NY
B.A. in Music Therapy, Molloy College, NY
B.A. in Education, Ewha University, Korea
Kim, S. (2010, October, 11). 대학 신입생과 스트레스 [College freshmen and stress]. The Korea Times, p. C2.
Kim, S. (2010). Predictors of acculturative stress among international music therapy students in the U.S. (Doctoral Dissertation). Retrieved from ProQuest Dissertations and Theses. (Accession Order No. AAT 3408854)
Kim, S. (in print). Acculturative stress and international music therapy students: Music Therapy Perspectives.
Shin, J. Y., D'Antonio, E., Son, H., Kim, S., Park, Y. (in print). Bullying and discrimination experiences among Korean-American adolescents. Journal of Adolescence.
Kim, S. (2011). Analytical Music Therapy-Oriented supervision (AMTOS) examined within the context of Asian cultures. Proceedings of the 13th World Congress of Music Therapy, Korea.
- The Bible
- The Purpose Driven Life
- Essays on Analytical Music Therapy (AMT)