Gain the skills you need to succeed in today's fast-paced, ever-changing world at Molloy College. The best preparation for a wide range of professions, Humanities provide a solid foundation for an exciting career in law, education, publishing, medicine, social policy, business and more.
With a professional, experienced faculty that's highly qualified and committed to your success, a student-to-faculty ratio of just 10:1 and experiential learning opportunities that include both study abroad and internship programs, our Division offers enriching programs in:
- Art: With unlimited creative space and a challenging curriculum, our undergraduate programs in studio art, visual art education, art history, gallery/museum studies, digital art and photography can be the key to your success as a graphic artist, illustrator, educator, fine artist or gallery director.
- Communication Arts and Sciences: Combining innovative classroom instruction with a vast array of internship opportunities at leading organizations, a bachelor's degree in communication arts and sciences from Molloy College provides a strong foundation for a graduate degree or career in professional communication, in television, film or other media.
- English: Discover the breadth of world literature, elevate your spoken communications skills - even study abroad - in Molloy's undergraduate English program. Our graduates teach at every level or go on to succeed as lawyers, journalists, writers, editors and business managers.
- History and Political Science: History and Political Science are humanities and social sciences disciplines that involve research and analysis of the past and present to prepare for the future. History specializations include diplomatic, military and specific geographic areas such as the United States, Europe, Latin America, Asia and the Middle East. Political Science specializations include American politics, international relations, comparative politics and political theory.
- Interdisciplinary studies: Designed for highly-motivated students, this individualized program enables you to gain a strong liberal arts education by majoring in your choice of two or more areas, from psychology and sociology to criminal justice and communication and more.
- Modern languages: Study French, Italian, Spanish, Arabic and English as a Second Language (E.S.L.) at Molloy College and stand out in our increasingly interconnected world. Our undergraduate programs include summer and semester-long study abroad programs, as well as internships and service-learning opportunities.
- Music: Reflecting current trends in music, music education and music therapy, Molloy College's multi-dimensional program can help you grow personally and professionally. Pursue a degree and your passion in our undergraduate programs. We also offer a dual or Master's degree in music therapy.
- Philosophy: Make the connection between your life and the universe with a major or minor in philosophy at Molloy College. Offering a stimulating classroom environment and international study opportunities, this bachelor's degree gives you a solid foundation for a variety of careers including law or medical school. Additionally, a specialization in Applied Ethics supplements a variety of majors, such as nursing, education, business, and more.
- Theatre Arts: Molloy is proud to announce that it will launch a new Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) in Theatre Arts in collaboration with CAP21, "America's Musical Theatre Conservatory and Theatre Company."
- Theology and Religious Studies: Explore the human quest for meaning and the diversity of religious experience through encounters with the world's religions. Gain perspectives and insights that enable you to become a true global citizen through study of diverse cultures, societal values, and international issues. Experience these first-hand via International Education opportunities at Molloy that integrate with the Theology and Religious Studies curriculum. If not your primary major, consider TRS as a second major or a minor to deepen and enrich your professional preparation in virtually any career choice.