Gain the skills you need to succeed in today's fast-paced, ever-changing world at Molloy College. The best preparation for a wide range of professions, Humanities provide a solid foundation for an exciting career in law, education, publishing, medicine, social policy, business and more.
With a professional, experienced faculty that's highly qualified and committed to your success, a student-to-faculty ratio of just 10:1 and experiential learning opportunities that include both study abroad and internship programs, our Division offers enriching programs in:
- Art: With unlimited creative space and a challenging curriculum, our undergraduate programs in studio art, visual art education, art history, gallery/museum studies, digital art and photography can be the key to your success as a graphic artist, illustrator, educator, fine artist or gallery director.
- Communication Arts and Sciences: Combining innovative classroom instruction with a vast array of internship opportunities at leading organizations, a bachelor's degree in communication arts and sciences from Molloy College provides a strong foundation for a graduate degree or career in professional communication, in television, film or other media.
- English: Discover the breadth of world literature, elevate your spoken communications skills - even study abroad - in Molloy's undergraduate English program. Our graduates teach at every level or go on to succeed as lawyers, journalists, writers, editors and business managers.
- Interdisciplinary studies: Designed for highly-motivated students, this individualized program enables you to gain a strong liberal arts education by majoring in your choice of two or more areas, from psychology and sociology to criminal justice and communication and more.
- Modern languages: Study French, Italian, Spanish, Arabic and English as a Second Language (E.S.L.) at Molloy College and stand out in our increasingly interconnected world. Our undergraduate programs include summer and semester-long study abroad programs, as well as internships and service-learning opportunities.
- Music: Reflecting current trends in music, music education and music therapy, Molloy College's multi-dimensional program can help you grow personally and professionally. Pursue a degree and your passion in our undergraduate programs. We also offer a dual or Master's degree in music therapy.
- Philosophy: Make the connection between your life and the universe with a major or minor in philosophy at Molloy College. Offering a stimulating classroom environment and international study opportunities, this bachelor's degree gives you a solid foundation for a variety of careers including law or medical school. Additionally, a specialization in Applied Ethics supplements a variety of majors, such as nursing, education, business, and more.
- Theatre Arts: Molloy is proud to announce that it will launch a new Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) in Theatre Arts in collaboration with CAP21, "America's Musical Theatre Conservatory and Theatre Company."
- Theology and Religious Studies: Explore the human quest for meaning and the diversity of religious experience through encounters with the world's religions. Gain perspectives and insights that enable you to become a true global citizen through study of diverse cultures, societal values, and international issues. Experience these first-hand via International Education opportunities at Molloy that integrate with the Theology and Religious Studies curriculum. If not your primary major, consider TRS as a second major or a minor to deepen and enrich your professional preparation in virtually any career choice.