Why I Love Teaching at Molloy College
A small college that has an environment of family and friendship.
Its size is one of its advantages as you get to personally know the students in your division.
- Brain Research
- Elementary Curriculum
- Academic Integrity
What I am working on
If I believe that all children can learn, then what can I do for my students so they can make continuous progress towards life long learning, regardless of their individual capabilities? It is my belief that anyone who claims to be an educator, must be a dedicated life long learner as well. That is the primary goal of the teacher, creating life long learners. The paths we take our students on will be varied and often difficult. We cannot stray from our path.
- BS in Elementary Education from Hofstra University
- MS from CW Post College in Elementary Curriculum
- SAS and SDA from CW.Post College
- ED.D. from Nova Southern University in educational administration
- Reading Certificate from Adelphi University
- Lynbrook Public School District, Classroom teacher, Reading Specialist
- Principal, 1981-1999
- Adjunct Professor, Educational Administration, Brooklyn College, 1985-1999
- Associate Dean/Director of Undergraduate Programs, Division of Education. Molloy College
Since all professions stem from Education, what finer career can there be than this one?
Seeing that "light "appear in a student's eyes, gives one a feeling that is difficult to explain, unless you have experienced it. The sense of satisfaction and pride is enormous.
- Pedagogical and Parental Influences in Mathematics Achievement by Gender Among Select European Countries from the TIMSS-R Study. (2004). OConnor-Petruso, S., Schiering, M. Hayes,B. and Serrano, B.
- "Storytelling As A Learning Style Motivational Technique and Within Class Identification of Cognitive and Meta-Cognitive Thought Processes." (2005). Schiering, M. Hayes, B, Marino,A.
- Children's Literature Influencing Moral Behavior with Positive Belief and Value Systems. Schiering. M., Hayes, B. ( 2010).
- Hofstra Child'd Play Symposium