An internship is required for all Communications majors. In order to secure an internship, students must have completed their sophomore year and have a 3.0 GPA in overall and in their majorl. Students must also have a resume and cover letter. Contact the Molloy College Career Development Center for assistance.
If you have questions about internships or wish to set up a meeting, contact Dr. Janice Kelly, Internship Coordinator at email@example.com or 516.323.3244.
Recent internships held by Communications students
Read a student's experience with the internship program.
Students preparing to apply for an internship should review the following check-list:
- 10-12 hours per week for the entire semester (150 hours total)
- Students must have completed their sophomore year
- 3.0 GPA in both their major and overall
- B+ or above in COM 243, COM 252 or COM 254
- Internship Review: This is a mandatory meeting held the semester prior to taking COM 468. All internship guidelines, forms, and assignments will be reviewed. Assistance in locating an internship and preparing for the interview is discussed. All students will take a required writing exam.
- Semester Entrance Meeting (1st or 2nd Week of Classes) - Distribute syllabus and review semester assignments (journals, final paper, time logs, internship evaluation forms, and due dates)
- Semester Exit Meeting (Last week of classes) - Student delivers final paper and discusses internship experience with faculty supervisor
- Internship Agreement Form - Due by the end of the first month of the semester
- Monthly Time Log - Due each month with each journal entry
- Internship Evaluation Form - Due by the end of the semester along with the final paper
- Monthly Journals - 3 journal entries due at the end of each month during the semester. For example (Journal 1: due 9/30, Journal 2: due: 10/31, & Journal 3: due 11/30)
- Final Paper - Due either the last week of classes or finals week. The student interviews an employee at their internship into a 4-5 page paper.