Please refer to the Undergraduate Course Catalog 2013-2015 (PDF) for more details about this degree.
The goal of the Communications Department is to guide students in the dynamic interplay of communication theory and practice, both mediated and interpersonal, in their academic and professional lives.
- Students will demonstrate effective oral and written communication.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to discuss issues in a rational way, to analyze critically and to evaluate effectively.
- Students will apply moral and ethical methods to situations in communications.
- Students will demonstrate theoretical knowledge and research skills in communications to prepare for graduate studies and professional careers.
- Students will apply communication skills in a variety of practical contexts to prepare for professional careers.
A high defintion television studio and control room with state-of-the-art production equipment, post-production editing suites and new media classroom/lab are available for digital content creation. Field equipment includes high definition cameras including the Black Magic Cinema Camera, Sony and Canon field production cameras.
More information on the Communications Department facilities.