Social work is a career where you can truly make a difference, and there's no better place to start than Molloy College on Long Island, New York.
Enroll in our undergraduate program or our collaborative M.S.W. program through Fordham University and prepare for meaningful work with endless job possibilities.
Do you want to work with children at a public school, guiding and encouraging their success? Do you have the heart to work with the developmentally delayed? Or is it your goal to make a difference in the life of the aged? All this and more - occupational or clinical social work, policy and planning, public welfare and research - can be achieved with a degree in social work from Molloy.
Within an environment that teaches students to be caring, competent professionals, Molloy's curriculum provides:
- Flexible full and part-time plans of study with day and/or evening classes. Evening students, however, need to have some flexibility for daytime agency hours during their internship experience
- Extensive internship opportunities. Participate in the Professional Encounter elective course, a faculty-supervised observational internship. Senior year, experience a hands-on internship under the supervision of an M.S.W.-level social worker in one of a multitude of collaborating Long Island agencies, schools, hospitals, nursing homes or other facilities.
- Experiential learning in a variety of settings. From active classroom participation and visits to agencies, homeless shelters and legislative offices, to in-class lectures from experts and opportunities for on-site learning experiences here at Long Island agencies or as far away as Louisiana and South Dakota, you'll experience firsthand what it's like to be a social worker.
- Gerontology (GRN) minor. This 18-credit multi-disciplinary minor provides the most current information on older adults and issues related to aging and is taught by faculty who are expert professional practitioners in fields including nursing, sociology, biology, nutrition and social work.
- Fordham/Molloy graduate program. Our collaborative Master of Social Work (M.S.W.) program with Fordham University Graduate School of Social Service enables you to earn a Fordham University M.S.W. degree with a flexible full-or part-time plan of study that includes day, evening and weekend classes.