Psychology and Counseling
The Department of Psychology and Counseling is a very popular major at Long Island's Molloy College and with good reason - it's one of the liberal arts, known as the cornerstone of a great education. With a Psychology degree you'll improve your life and the lives of those around you.
At Molloy College, we offer a Bachelor of Science degree with majors in psychology and childhood education-psychology, a minor in psychology, as well as several double major options, including sociology, criminal justice, social work, business, music, nursing and communications - to name just a few.
With your undergraduate degree from Molloy, you'll be prepared for a variety of in-demand careers. You will also be ready to pursue a graduate education and training required for a number of professional options in the field of psychology, including clinical, counseling, school, industrial-organizational, or forensic psychology. Whatever your ultimate occupational goal, a knowledge of psychology will serve you well.
Why Molloy? Because at Molloy College, you will:
- Learn from a great faculty with diverse backgrounds and research interests, who also happen to be great teachers.
- Get the attention you need in small classes where you are a person with a name, rather than a number ... that we get to know very well.
- Choose from a variety of interesting courses, offered day and night, so you can graduate on time.
- Benefit from academic advisement that helps you match your coursework to your career objectives and personal interests.
- Gain valuable hands-on experience with internship and practicum opportunities in your field of interest.
DSM 5: What You Need to Know From the Experts
2014 The Long Island Psychology Conference (LIPC)