Philosophy for Pre-Law
The law affects every area of life, and lawyers work in every conceivable field. As a result the law offers many opportunities for personal and career advancement as well as for public service. The possibilities for those with law degrees are endless. Law graduates work with corporations, public service organizations, universities or as solo practitioners. Many graduates use the skills obtained from their law education to pursue careers outside the legal profession. Whatever one's chosen field, a legal education provides excellent skills for the future.
Although students can choose virtually any major as a preparation for Law School, the discipline of philosophy specifically promotes and develops the pre-law student's thinking skills and mental discipline. Because of the intimate and selective nature of the Philosophy Department at Molloy, students who choose to major in philosophy receive personalized instruction in small-sized classes from experts in their own fields. Among the other advantages of majoring in Philosophy for Pre-Law at Molloy College are:
- An experienced Pre-Law advisor to assist students in their academic and career decisions.
- Specialized courses to train students in critical thinking, argumentation and effective communication in anticipation of a career in Law.
- Summer internships available.
- The opportunity to study abroad for a semester or full year at the renowned Institute of Philosophy of the University of Leuven in Belgium or Blackfriars Hall, Oxford University, England.
- Free LSAT preparation for all Pre-Law Philosophy majors during the Spring Semester of Junior year.
- The Sister Janet A. Fitzgerald Scholarship available to a Molloy student majoring in Philosophy.
|Philosophy House · 1079 Hempstead Ave. · Rockville Centre, NY 11571
516.678.5000 x6740 · email@example.com