History and Political Science are Humanities and Social Sciences disciplines that involve research and analysis of the past and present to prepare for the future. History specializations include diplomatic, military, and specific geographic areas such as the United States, Europe, Latin America, Asia, and the Middle East. Political Science specializations include American Politics, International Relations, Comparative Politics, and Political Theory.
Career opportunities for Molloy College History and Political Science majors are vast. With a degree in History or Political Science, you can pursue a career in government, law, education, journalism, publishing, business, and non-profit organizations among other things. Our rigorous curriculum will equip you with the knowledge and vital critical thinking, writing, and communication skills needed to pursue your future career.
History and Political Science at Molloy provides:
- Individualized Attention-You will be assigned a faculty advisor who will guide you through your undergraduate studies.
- Distinguished group of faculty- Our faculty are experienced scholars and policymaking practitioners with expertise in American, European, and International fields of History and Political Science.
- Internship opportunities- Our students have the opportunity to serve as interns at government offices, historical societies, and non-profit organizations in New York City, Long Island, Albany and Washington D.C. We also participate in the Lower Hudson Valley Catholic College and University Consortium to the United Nations.
- Career-minded curriculum- Under the supervision of a faculty member, students can focus their studies on tracks that include American, European, and International History and Politics.
- Policy innovation- As part of its initiative to prepare students for a future in public service, the Sustainability minor establishes Molloy as a leader in Long Island environmental policy and seeks to create a new generation of public administrators to contribute to this field.
- Global education and travel- Students majoring in history and political science learn about foreign cultures and have the opportunity to travel the world with Molloy's Global Learning Program.