About the Education Program
If you have a passion for teaching and want to make a difference in a child's life, make the undergraduate Education Program at Molloy College on Long Island your first choice. A leader in teacher education for more than 50 years, Molloy graduates enjoy a reputation for being among the best in their field.
Our Education Program, which is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE), provides exactly what effective teachers need - a solid foundation in the liberal arts and sciences, aligned with national, state and institutional teaching and learning standards.
As a Molloy teacher candidate, you'll benefit from:
- Personalized attention from an accomplished faculty that really understands this profession. You'll learn in small classes and receive one-on-one advisement from faculty who have worked as educators and administrators
- A value-centered, multi-dimensional curriculum that trains you to meet the needs of every child through cutting-edge strategies designed for learners in diverse, inclusive classrooms
- A variety of field experiences so you can decide where your passion truly lies. There's even an opportunity to complete your student teaching requirements in London through our Internationl Education Program
B.S., B.A. and Initial Certification
Molloy College offers a Bachelor of Science and a Bachelor of Arts degree and initial certification in:
- Childhood Education with content specialties in Biology, Communications, English, History, Interdisciplinary Studies
(PEH or TEH), Mathematics, LOTE (Spanish), Psychology or Sociology
- Childhood/Early Childhood Education with content specialties in Biology, Communications, English, History, Interdisciplinary Studies (PEH or TEH), Mathematics, LOTE (Spanish), Psychology or Sociology
- Childhood/Special Education with content specialties in Biology, English, History, Mathematics or LOTE (Spanish)
- Adolescence Education with content specialties in Biology, Earth science, English, Mathematics, Social Studies or LOTE (Spanish)
- Adolescence/Special Education with content specialties in Biology, Earth Science, English, Mathematics, Social Studies or LOTE (Spanish)
- Music Education
- Visual Arts Education
We also offer a dual degree in education. After only five years of study, this curriculum enables qualifying students to earn a B.S. or B.A. degree, an M.S. degree and dual certification in either:
- Childhood Education (grades 1-6) and Special Education
- Adolescent Education (grades 7-12) Biology, English, Mathematics, Social Studies or Spanish) and Special Education
This accelerated program saves time and money and its dual certification in both regular and Special Education is one that is in demand in today's educational community.