Please refer to the Undergraduate Course Catalog 2013-2015 for more details about this degree.
The goal of the Communications Department is to guide students in the dynamic interplay of communication theory and practice, both mediated and interpersonal, in their academic and professional lives.
Students will demonstrate:
- Effective oral and written communication
- Ability to discuss issues in a rational way, to analyze critically and to evaluate effectively
- Moral and ethical method application to situations in communications
- Theoretical knowledge and research skills in communications to prepare for graduate studies and professional careers
- Communication skills in a variety of practical contexts to prepare for professional careers
A high defintion television studio and control room with state-of-the-art production equipment, post-production editing suites and new media classroom/lab are available. Field equipement includes high definition cameras.
More information on the Communications Program.