- Assistant Professor
- Division: Social Sciences
- Department: Social Work
- Social and economic disparities among disenfranchised groups
- Social Policy
- Eating Disorders/Obesity/ Weight Bias
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy for at-risk behaviors
A social work educator helps students to think critically and on multiple levels about the social issues impacting society and its members. Effective social work education balances the teaching of content and curriculum with helping students develop self awareness skills. This requires that one create a classroom atmosphere of openness to a diversity of values, opinions and ideas.
Dr. McCardle received her PhD from the Graduate School and University Center (CUNY) in Manhattan. She received her MSW from New York University.
- Carey, M. & McCardle, M. (2011). Can an observational field model enhance critical thinking and generalist practice skills? Journal of Social Work Education,47(2), 357-366.
- McCardle, M. (2009). Weight bias and social work practice: Implications for research, policy and practice. Deutschland: VDM Verlag Dr. MullerAktiengesellschaft & Co.