- Division: Social Sciences
- Department: Speech-Language Pathology
- Basic Sciences, mainly molecular biology
What I am working on
Signaling Pathway of some cytokines in the inner ear.
Teaching is a process of continuous education!! And Education is long-lasting nourishment to our mind and our soul.
• Ph.D. in Communication Science and Disorders - 2010
University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Dissertation: Interferon Alpha Signaling Pathway in the Sensory Auditory Neuroepithelial Cells.
• Doctoral Degree in Audiology - 2005
South Valley University, Sohag, Egypt,
Dissertation: Study of Auditory Function in Patients with Obstructive Pulmonary Diseases
• Master Degree in Audiology -1993
Faculty of Medicine, Assiut University, Egypt
Thesis: Ototoxicity of Commonly Used Cytotoxic Drugs
• Medical Degree (M.D.) - 1988
Assiut Faculty of Medicine, Assiut University, Egypt.
- Tye-Murray, N. Foundations of Aural Rehabilitation: Children, Adults and Their Family Members.
- Martin, F.N. Introduction to audiology
- Katz, J. Handbook of clinical audiology.
- Zemlin, W.R. Speech and hearing science.
• Mona A. El-Kady, John D. Durant, Somia Tawfik, Abdel-Mateen Mousa, and Sarhan Abdel-Ghany. (2006). Study of Auditory Function in Patients Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Diseases. Hearing Research. 212(109-116)
• Mona M. El-Kady, Ahmed A. Al-Hussini, Mohamed Saad, and Soad S. Ali. (1993). Ototoxicity of three commonly used cytotoxic drugs. Assiut Medical Journal, 17(2).
• Mona El-Kady, Mohamed Saad, Ahmed Al-Hussini, Soad Ali, and Madiha Mohammed. (1992). Ototoxic effects of cis-dichlorodiamine platinum on
Albino rats. Egyptian Society of Histology and Cytology. Presented in the 16th
Scientific Conference in December 31, 1992.
Manuscripts in preparation
- Mona A., El-Kady, Ha-Sheng Li-Korotly, Diane, Sabo, John, D., Durrant, Catherine, V. Palmer. Immune response of HEI-OC1 cochlear cells to interferon alpha
- Mona A., El-Kady, Ha-Sheng Li-Korotly, Diane, Sabo, John, D., Durrant, Catherine, V. Palmer. Can interferon alpha initiate an inflammatory reaction in the HEI-OC1 cochlear cell line?
- Mona A., El-Kady, Ha-Sheng Li-Korotly, Diane, Sabo, John, D., Durrant, Catherine, V. Palmer. Apoptotic markers in HEI-OC1 cochlear cell line as a sequence for interferon alpha treatment