Summer Conference Grants
Funding is available every summer for 4-6 faculty members to attend various non-discipline specific conferences related to aspects of the overall teaching-learning endeavor.
The application process for obtaining these internal grants is as follows:
• Notification regarding the availability of summer grant applications is posted on e-mail, etc.
• Faculty members peruse information in the FPC about selected conferences.
• Interested individuals fill out application for conference of choice and submit it to Director of FPC by a due date. (Priority will be given to faculty who have not been prior recipients of a Summer Conference Grant)
• Applications are reviewed and results are communicated to grant recipients.
• Grant money issued to recipients.
• Recipients submit "Authorization to Travel" form to Accounting Office and Registration Form and Fee to conference sites. Make lodging and travel arrangements.
• Attend and enjoy the conference.
• Submit expense report to Accounting Office and a copy of expense report to FPC.
• Prepare a brief summary/evaluation of conference experience; share summary with colleagues in whatever non-threatening format participant(s) prefer. (i.e., in a future issue of "Faculty Connections," newsletter; at a Teaching Faculty Meeting; in some other presentation format; etc.)