St. Mary's University College Twickenham, England
During the last semester of their teacher preparation program, Molloy College Education students have the opportunity to student teach in the suburbs of London, England.
Student teachers are:
- Supervised on a weekly basis by St. Mary's faculty and Molloy Division of Education faculty
- All evaluation documents are sent to Molloy to be added to the student's professional folder
- Molloy student teachers communicate via email on a frequent basis with a Molloy College Education faculty member.
- Molloy students who fulfill their student teaching requirements at St. Mary's are evaluated using New York State Education Department guidelines.
Student teachers from Molloy have the opportunity to live and work with students from other American colleges, as well as students from around the world. Student teachers are placed in either elementary or special education classrooms and experiences at both primary and intermediate levels are included, as required by New York State. St. Mary's offers the opportunity for secondary student teachers to participate in this program, as well.
St. Mary's has fully-equipped professional resource centers in which state-of-the-art teaching materials may be borrowed for use during student teaching. In addition, each student is given an email account and Internet access. Weekends and academic recesses provide numerous opportunities for travel within Britain and Ireland as well as to the continent. Scotland and Wales are just a short train ride away and Ireland can be visited in a weekend.
Upon returning to New York, student teachers can include their student teaching abroad experience in their professional resumé. This indicates to perspective employers your ability to adapt to new cultures and transfer teaching skills to new situations.
More information about the International Program at St.Mary's University College.
Most student rooms are single study bedrooms. Some halls are single-sexed. All halls have telephones and there are two television lounges on site. Residential wardens are readily accessible to students who need help or advice. Food services offers many options - coffee bars, social bars and a restaurant. Self-catering is available in some accommodations.
- Semester date - TBA
- Semester date - TBA
- March 15 for Fall Semester or for the academic year
- November 15 for Spring Semester
- Tuition: £3300 [approximate $6600 per term]
- Student Teaching Fee: Approximately $200
- Accommodations: http://www.smuc.ac.uk/student-life/accommodation/index.htm
- Partial Molloy Tuition: $620.00 per credit for approximately 4 - 6 final education credits to be completed upon return from St. Mary's
- Global-Learning Fee [Payable to Molloy]: $500 [payment must be made prior to departure]
- RT Airfare to England: $400-$800. Check current fares by calling 1.800.777.0112
- ** It is the responsibility of the student to check current currency rates for an accurate cost of tuition, room and meals.
- Enrolled in good standing at an American College or University
- First semester or second semester senior
- Education GPA of 2.75 minimum overall GPA of 3.0
- Recommendations from three current instructors from student's home college or university
- Proof of completed and passed NYS Teacher Certification exam
- Approval of Molloy College Division of Education and Global Learning advisor
- Reasonably good health