Catholic University of Leuven
Located in the heart of Western Europe, the University of Leuven is the oldest Catholic University in the world and one of the most prestigious. The junior year abroad program of the University is unique in that its courses, although taught in English, are integrated into the regular university curriculum. In the classroom, English speaking students mix with students from Leuven and with students from other European universities. Leuven itself has preserved its charms as an old university town with many of its buildings dating from the middle age. Conveniently located, the town is 20 minutes from Brussels and only a few hours away from London, Paris, Amsterdam and Cologne.
For more information about the University of Leuven click here.
All students enrolled in the program will receive housing at one of the University's international student residences, all of which are located in the center of Leuven. While most of these rooms are double occupancy, a few single rooms are available upon request. Participants in the program have the option of cooking for themselves or eating in one of Leuven's many inexpensive student restaurants.
A wide variety of courses taught in English are available in Theology, Philosophy, Modern Languages and Literature. Courses are also available in Economics, Political Science, History, and Sociology. See "Leuven Course Booklet" (available in Global Learning Office) for specific courses offered during the Fall and Spring Semesters.
For more information about the Junior Program in Leuven click here.
- Semester Date
- Semester Date
- March 15 for Fall Semester or for the academic year
- November 15th for Spring Semester
- Tuition: one semester: 2359 euros [approx. $2,750.00], two semesters: 3988 euros [approx. $4,600.00]
- Room and Board Fall Semester: double room: 844.44 euros [approx. $975.00], single room: 977.77 euros [approx. $1,1050]
- Room and Board Spring Semester: double room: 1055.55 euros [approx. $1,250], single room: 1900.00 euros [approx. $1,450]
- Global-Learning Fee [Payable to Molloy]: $500 [payment must be made prior to departure]
- RT Airfare to England: $400-$800 [check current fares or call 1.800.777.0112]
- ** It is the responsibility of the student to check current currency rates for an accurate cost of tuition, room and meals.
- Enrolled in good standing at an American College or University
- Sophomore, junior or first semester senior
- Minimum GPA of 3.2
- Recommendations from two current instructors from students home college or university
- Reasonably good health
- Language proficiency not required