Macquarie University is set on a 135-acre campus of beautiful and spacious parklands in leafy North Ryde on Sydney's famous north shore. It's close to the action of cosmopolitan Sydney, yet far enough for students to focus ontheir academic pursuits in a peaceful, supportive environment. The University has 25,000 students including over 4,000 international students.
For more information about the study abroad program at Macquarie University see the web pages of the university's study abroad office.
Macquarie University is the only university in Sydney that guarantees student accommodations. The University offers a range of accommodations, including temporary housing, permanent on- and off-campus accommodation, and advice on non-University off-campus housing
For detailed information about accommodations available at Macquarie University, click here. For information on living in Sydney, click here.
To find out what courses are open to study abroad students at Macquarie click here.
Macquarie's dates vary slightly from year to year. As a guide, classes run as follows:
- Semester 1: February 13 - July 3, 2011
(includes a two week mid-semester break and end-of-semester exams)
- Semester 2: July 24 - December 11, 2011
(includes a two week mid-semester break and end-of-semester exams
- Semester 1: October 30, 2011
- Semester 2: April 15, 2011
For Macquarie University's direct enrollment application form, click here.
- Tuition: $8,586 Australian Dollars ( approx. $7000 US Dollars)
- Accommodations: click here for details
- Global-Learning Fee [Payable to Molloy]: $500 [payment must be made prior to departure]
- RT Airfare to Australia: $1500.00 - 1700 ( approximately) [check current fares or call 1.800.777.0112]
- ** It is the responsibility of the student to check current currency rates for an accurate cost of tuition, room and meals.
- Enrolled in good standing at an American College or University
- Sophomore, junior or first semester senior
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Recommendations from two current instructors from students home college or university