Note: If you get tired of the hectic pace of Amsterdam, consider spending a few hours in Haarlem, which is only 15 minutes away by train. All the most interesting sites---and there are not very many of them---are around the Grote Markt.
- Amadeus Hotel [Grote Markt 10 , Haarlem / tel: 023-532-4530 /fax: 023-532-2328 / web site]: A cozy, inexpensive hotel located in Haarlem's Grote Markt.
- From the station take Kruisweg to the Grote Markt.
In the Grote Markt, you will find Haarlem's medival Stadhuis (townhall) and the Grote Kerk.
- Take Damstr. to the Teyler's Museum (Spaarne 16).
- Art enthusiasts will want to go to the Frans Hals Museum (Grote Heiligland 62).
Those who were interested in the Anne Frank House in Amsterdam will probably also want to see the Corrie Ten Boomhuis (Barteljorisstr 19).
- Only ten minutes away from Haarlem by train is Zandvoort, a popular beach town.