- Castle Hill B&B: 27 St. Mary's Parade, Lancaster LA1 1YX [tel: 01524 849137]: Located opposite the Castle and only a few minutes walk from the station.
- Priory B & B: 15 St. Mary's Parade, Lancaster LA1 1YX [tel: 01524 845711].
- Elliots: 64 Market Street [English, French and Swiss cuisine]: Maureen Walsh's favorite restaurant.
- Lancaster is not known for its incredible sights. The pleasant thing about the city is that it makes a nice base for day trips to the Lake District and the scenic countryside and towns of Lancashire.
- Direct trains from London St. Pancras [3 hours], Manchester Airport [40 minutes] and Edinburgh [2 1/2 hours] to Lancaster.