Admissions and Auditions
Prospective music students must first apply to Molloy College. An interview, an audition and a theory placement examination are required of all prospective music majors, music therapy majors and music education majors.
For students whose native language is not English the TOEFL exam will be required, with a minimum score of 500. If an international student lives locally, they can sit for our Michigan test which is administered here on campus. The students will be tested on the English language competency and must score a 90% to pass.
International Student Admissions Contact
516.678.5000 ext. 6232
All applicants, regardless of the program of interest, must audition. Applicants will be required to:
- Perform at least two contrasting works on a major instrument
- Perform at least one song on guitar and one on piano from our list of suggested songs. Click here for the list.
- Scales: major, melodic minor and harmonic minor
- Sight read and sight sing
- Take a theory placement exam
Auditions are scheduled for the fall, winter and spring.
2013 Audition Schedule:
Monday, January 14
Friday, February 15
Friday, April 12
Contact the Music Department to schedule your time.
Coleen Petersen, Administrative Assistant, 516-678-5000 ext. 6192
Lora Heller, Special Projects Coordinator, email@example.com.