Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing program
With a Ph.D. in Nursing from Molloy College on Long Island, you'll be prepared to lead the profession and make a difference in the lives of the most vulnerable among us. Armed with new knowledge, you'll be able to:
- Transform vulnerabilities into strengths that enable people to attain and maintain optimum health.
- Guide humanistic nursing behavior rooted in the principles of caring.
- Enrich the discipline by incorporating the humanities to achieve specific goals.
Molloy's multifaceted doctoral program integrates theory and practice through advanced ethical analysis and focuses on appreciating and extending the aesthetic values of nursing, enabling successful candidates to:
- Serve as leaders in advancing the practice of nursing through research, education, administration and health policy.
- Participate fully in multidisciplinary contributions to nursing knowledge.
- Generate, test and extend knowledge through research and theory development and disseminate the findings.
- Influence health policy to advance nursing and healthcare in a global society.