Care of the Diabetic Student Learning Objectives
NUP-0145: Care of the Diabetic Student
At the end of this program, the participant will be able to:
1. Describe the difference between type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
2. List 3 types of insulin as well as onset, peak and duration.
3. List 3 types of insulin delivery options
4. Give 3 examples of carbohydrates and their equivalents
5. Describe the proper treatment protocol for hypoglycemia in the school setting
6. Describe the proper treatment protocol for hyperglycemia in the school setting.
7. Identify 3 indications for insulin pump therapy.
8. Describe the proper treatment protocols for both hypo/hyperglycemia in insulin pump therapy.
9. Describe the difference between a 504, IEP and Individualized School Healthcare Plan.
10. List 3 resources available to students and healthcare professionals
- Registration How to Register