The Speech Center at Molloy College
The Speech, Language and Hearing Center facilities, a dynamic place where faculty, staff and students evaluate and treat communication disorders in children and adults. The Center provides students with the opportunity to gain clinical practicum hours under the close supervision of highly-qualified professionals.
The Speech Center offers both evaluation and treatment services in the areas of speech, language and hearing. The Center is staffed with licensed and experienced professionals, certified by the American Speech Language and Hearing Association. These professionals work closely with the student clinicians who treat clients. We are here to help you!
Who we are and what we do
- Our staff consists of ASHA certified Speech-Language Pathologists and an ASHA and AAA certified audiologist.
- Our clinicians are students of our degree program in Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology.
- We provide a learning environment for our students wherein they provide valuable services to individuals with communication disorders under the close supervision of and collaboration with licensed and certified professionals.
This enables us to
- Provide diagnostic services, both evaluations and screenings, to children and adults.
- Provide treatment services to clients with an array of communication disorders.
- Provide speech and hearing screenings and informational workshops within the community.
- Educate clients and their families about communication disorders and how to facilitate positive changes.
Treatment groups that integrate social activity are an important part of what is offered by the Molloy College Speech, Language and Hearing Center. Learn more about the Aphasia Group and the Pediatric Group.