Accommodations and Services
- Students who are requesting accommodations must contact the DSS/STEEP office to initiate the process.
- Students are required to provide documentation from a qualified professional of their disability or chronic illness.
- Click here to download our documentation guidelines.
- Determination of reasonable accommodations is an ongoing and interactive process between the student and the Coordinator.
- Once reasonable accommodations are determined, it is the student's choice whether or not to utilize them.
- Students who have injuries, surgeries or other conditions which will temporarily restrict them on campus may contact DSS to arrange for reasonable short-term accommodations. Documentation will be required.
Examples of reasonable testing accommodations
- extended time
- separate distraction-reduced location
- use of word processor
- use of calculator
- enlarged print
DSS/STEEP also provides services to assist students in various areas of campus life. Appointments are scheduled on an as-needed basis to determine which individual and/or group services may be appropriate. Feel free to contact the office for details.
Examples of services offered
- Academic counseling, as needed
- Weekly discussion group
- Student Contacts
- DSS/STEEP Orientation
- Expanded tutorial services through the Academic Enrichment Program (ACE)
In order to receive accommodations and/or services, students must be registered with DSS/STEEP.
Click here to download the DSS/STEEP registration form.
Accommodations and services are designed to equalize opportunities and access, not to lower the academic standard for these students or to alter the essential nature of the degree requirements.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS PAGE IN THE PROCESS OF BEING UPDATED. PLEASE BE PATIENT.
Send comments and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.