The Sustainable Living Film Series screening of Cape Spin! An American Power Struggle
The Sustainability Institute at Molloy College is proud to announce and invite you to the 11th installment of our Sustainable Living Film Series. This time out we'll be screening the multi-award winning documentary film, CAPE SPIN! An American Power Struggle.
- Screening on Thursday, July 18, 2013 at the Molloy College Suffolk Center
- Popcorn and socializing starts at 6 p.m.
- Full vegan buffet dinner
- Film starts at 7:15 p.m.
- Running time is 90 minutes
- Discussion following the film
- $5 per person suggested donation at the door
- Molloy students can attend free with student ID
- RSVP required
Cape Spin! An American Power Struggle tells the surreal, fascinating, tragicomic story of the battle over America's most controversial clean energy project. Cape Wind would be the U.S.'s first offshore windfarm...But strange alliances formed for and against: Kennedys, Kochs, and everyday folks do battle with the developer and green groups over the future of American power.
With full access to both sides, a commitment to impartial storytelling and fueled by a satiric 'revolutionary' soundtrack, Cape Spin! is "a gripping and entertaining study of eco-capitalism and grassroots democracy". "It proves that environmental films can be crowd pleasers, and not at all just about the environment."
- For this screening, we are partnering with the Long Island Sierra Club
- Seating is limited so please be sure to RSVP on Facebook, by calling 516-678-5000 ext. 7562, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you come straight from work in a suit, we promise not to make fun of you
- All are invited. Feel free to bring a friend or two, but please be sure to RSVP
- Directions to the Molloy College Suffolk Center can be found here.