Important Information for Students
Do You Need a Textbook?
- Are you in need of a textbook that was lost during Hurricane Sandy?
- Are you willing to share books with someone who may have lost theirs during the storm?
Introducing Book Share!
- Please bring and pick up textbooks in the Office of Student Affairs on the 3rd floor of the Public Square Building, #330.
- We can put a check in/check out form on the cover of each book (like the library) in addition to recording the student ID # and phone # of the student borrowing the book.
- You can also help out your fellow students on your own, find someone in your class and see if you can share.
In Need of a Shower?
Molloy Athletic's locker room showers in Wilbur and Quealy Hall are now open to Students and the Molloy Community who need them until further notice. Please contact Public Safety at x6276 if you need to get into the building or need help.
All start dates for early registration that were scheduled For Oct. 29 or thereafter have been moved forward by two weeks!
Early Registration for undergraduates now begins on Monday, Nov. 12th. This covers registration for Bachelors' program students with 90 total credits or more (earned plus in-progress) and for Associate's programs with 60 or more total credits. All other planned dates are moved as noted in the attachment.
Students can check the dates that they are allowed to register using the "When Can I Register?" report in Lion's Den, which now has the new dates assigned to students.
Go directly to Lion's Den
- Login to Lion's Den with your ID and PIN
- Click on "My Academics" Tab
- Click "When Can I Register" Link
- Click on "Registration Information" Link
- Click on "Registration Information" (pdf)
- Report will generate Student's Advisor(s) Names
- Total Hours and Assigned "Early Web Registration" Start Date (Based on Total Hours: Earned and In-Progress)
We hope to give all students a fair opportunity to select their schedules. We know that life won't be normal for everyone by Nov. 12th, so we will be providing several ways to "reserve" courses. The best way will be to "reserve" courses through the Lion's Den. There will be computers on campus available for those who want to use them. We also will open at 7 a.m. on Mondays and "reserve" courses for students by phone or at the counter if students come in-person. Phone calls and in-person requests will be handled as they are received. Depending on the number of people using this option, it could take several hours for us to handle everyone. Please allow adequate time to get through on the phone if you are not using Lion's Den.
All advisors are being asked to move their advising appointments that were scheduled during the closing forward by two weeks. Students should reconfirm their changed appointments to make sure their advisor has them scheduled. Your advisor cannot approve your courses until they are reserved, so it is not recommended that you see your advisor prior to your week to "reserve" courses.
Additional time will be allowed for students to see advisors and no courses will be dropped to allow students to have their spring courses approved by Dec. 7th. You need to have your courses approved by Dec. 7th or contact us for any problems by then.
A list of our hotlines and on-campus computers for Monday, Nov. 12th will be sent out this week. Please print it for reference on your registration dates.
All students should rest assured that there are adequate classes to meet their needs for graduation. We will do our best to help everyone get schedules or to solve problems for the students as they select their courses for Spring.
Questions can be addressed to the Registrar's Office, 516.678.5000 ext. 6225.
If you come in contact with or hear about any students who are considering withdrawing from classes this semester because of losses suffered from Hurricane Sandy, please send them to the Student Solution Center immediately. We need to discuss the financial aid implications (including their loan repayment grace period) with them before they make any decisions. The Student Solution Center is located in the Wilbur Arts Lobby. The phone extensions are: 7767, 7764, 7765, 7766.
Academic Calendar Changes
Please note the following changes to the Academic Calendar for the Fall 2012 Semester:
- Wednesday, November 21: The College will be open for classes on a Monday schedule.
- December 12, 13, and 14: These days will be used as class days as follows:
- December 12 - Wednesday class schedule
- December 13 - Thursday class schedule
- December 14 - Friday class schedule
- Final Exam Dates - The dates of final exams are as follows:
- December 15, 17, 18, 19, 20 and 21
- Please note that the Exam Schedule will be sent out by the Registrar's Office at a later date.
Students in programs such as nursing and speech, please check with your faculty members for specific information regarding make up time for clinical and other off-campus activities.
- The December Nursing Pinning Ceremony will be rescheduled.
- Students please do not hesitate to contact your Dean if you have any questions.
- Questions can be answered by the The Office of Academic Affairs at 516.678.5000 ext. 6209.
Clean Up Help
- One of our students wanted to let the Molloy College community know that volunteers from her church have come from other states to offer free cleanup help to anyone who asks.
- Tree-removal, debris removal, mud-outs, and basic repairs are offered by these Baptist volunteers from Arkansas, Mississippi, and Tennessee.
- These good Christians have come to our area to lend us a hand. Please feel free to call them, and say a prayer for their good work.
- Southern Baptist Disaster Relief, 716.796.1304, ask for Beverly
The Counseling Center staff would like to express our deepest regards to the students, employees, friends, families, and the people of East Coast who have been impacted by the recent events with Hurricane Sandy.
Hurricane Sandy has challenged us in many different ways, some more directly than others. More challenges are still to be faced in the next coming weeks rebuilding our lives and getting back our routines. It is important in a time like this to take care of our emotional health.
Please be encouraged and take advantage of the services offered at Molloy College. Molloy College's Student Personal Counseling Service can assist students with any type of emotional assistance that is needed. Whether it is needing someone to talk to or to speak to a counselor on exploring coping strategies and getting support in the wake of such a stressful situation.
The service is free of charge for Molloy students and is completely a confidential setting. We offer short-term mental health counseling and referrals. Please call to make an appointment since it is very hard to see students as walk-in's.
For appointments please contact Carrie Sollin at Ext. 6545 or 7721 The Molloy College's Student Personal Counseling Office is located in Kellenberg Hall 207.
Their current hours are:
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday - 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Tuesday and Thursday - 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
For more information about our service please check their website Student Personal Counseling