Humanities Division/ English Department
All assistantships are available for September 5, 2014. Positions are 10 hours per week for 15 weeks. Recipients receive three (3) graduate credits a semester and a $500 stipend at the completion of the assistantship. Graduate Assistants must be enrolled in at least six (6) graduate credits to qualify. Positions will be filled as complete packets (application, resume and two references) are received in the Human Resources Office. Positions may be eliminated if not filled in a timely fashion and/or if budget has been expended. Please apply in the Human Resources Office, first floor, Kellenberg Hall 112, by August 1, 2014.
Department: Humanities Division/English Department
Supervisor: Jeffry Masser, Ph.D. Professor
Position title: Writing Research Apprentice
The graduate assistant will be involved in the following research project:
- Examining oral and writing samples to determine if there is a correlation between oral language and writing.
- Analyzing writing development through qualitative coding.
- Graduate Assistant will assist in preparing literature review for research student and will co-present findings at a conference with mentor.
- Familiarity with research base in reading and writing
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis