Campus Life/Student Affairs
All assistantships are available for September 5, 2014. Positions are 10 hours per week for 15 weeks. Recipients receive three (3) graduate credits a semester and a $500 stipend at the completion of the assistantship. Graduate Assistants must be enrolled in at least six (6) graduate credits to qualify. Positions will be filled as complete packets (application, resume and two references) are received in the Human Resources Office. Positions may be eliminated if not filled in a timely fashion and/or budget has been expended. Please apply in the Human Resoures Office, first floor, Kellenberg Hall 112, by August 1, 2014.
Department: Campus Life/Student Affairs
Supervisor: Janine McElroy, Director of Campus Life
Position Title: Campus Life and Special Events Graduate Assistant
1. Assess the needs and interests of the students
2. Plan and develop programs and events to meet the needs of the students
3. Organize and assist with coverage for all events, including, but not limited to, work orders, room reservations,
catering, public safety
4. Evaluate student events through surveys and focus groups
5. Assist with large scale special events including commencement activities
6. Any other duties as deemed necessary by VPSA
1. Strong organizational , analytical, and writing skills are required
2. The Graduate Assistant should have strong interpersonal skills and knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
3. Familiarity with social media and evaluation methods strongly preferred
Flexible, evenings and some weekends are required.