Associate Professor of Nursing
Molloy College, located on Long Island in Rockville Centre, NY, invites mid-career or senior nurse scholars immediately with an established record of funded research, publishing and teaching to apply for the position of Associate Professor/Professor.
Molloy College is a well-respected, vibrant community that serves the Long Island - New York metro area. It is among the largest nursing programs in the United States with a diverse student population that mirrors the New York metropolitan area. The Dominican tradition of scholarship led nursing faculty to develop their own humananistic framework of nursing which continues to guide our curriculum. Molloy College admitted its first doctoral students in Fall 2010, offering the PhD in nursing, which aims to prepare future nursing leaders who will have the knowledge and research skills to transform health care for vulnerable populations and to influence health care policy. A new DNP program is anticipated for the Fall of 2014.
The successful candidate must have:
- An earned Doctorate in Nursing or related field with demonstrated record of excellence in education, research, and research dissemination
- An active program of research compatible with the Molloy doctoral program mission of transforming health care for vulnerable populations and influencing health policy
- Experience in doctoral level education teaching and/or student advising
- The ability to provide research supervision and dissertation guidance for doctoral students seeking a research doctorate
- A commitment to a collegial and collaborative educational approach in the guidance and development of both PhD and DNP students.
- Candidates should be successfully funded or actively seeking funding to advance research that will contribute to the research capacity of the Division of Nursing and of the College.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Rank and salary are determined by academic preparation and professional experience. Applicants should submit a letter of application, curriculum vitae, transcripts and three letters of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Office of Human Resources
1000 Hempstead Avenue,
P.O. Box 5002
Rockville Centre, New York 11571-5002
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Women, minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply